Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bateleur #7

After this Bateleur was completed, I understand the importance of doing a series, with all the new techniques developed(scraping, rubbing, different tonal lines, etc) and the expanded timeline for ideas. This 7th installment is going to my grandfather, I owed him a picture for some time now (16-18 years?) and finally, I get to present him something special.
Also, tomorrow is a show (see below) so I can't wait to get down with some friends and new people.

7 comments:

lindsay.illustration@gmail.com said...

You are very talented. Keep up the good work!

Scott Allen said...

Thanks! That makes me smile...

Anonymous said...

Really like your stuff. I'm trying to get back into drawing. Thanks for some inspiration.

Scott Allen said...

Thanks Andrew. Yeah, I'm getting back into drawing as well, and these birds are a way to see how far I can push myself technically, then I'm going to use those skills for more gestural and expressive stuff. Have fun and thanks for the kind words.

Ben said...

The people demand an update!
show us some fat people or something.

bluretina said...

thank you for stepping by my lazy blog and your comments. wow! I bow before your talent, this is an incredible piece of art* bravo. I have this special thing with birds, birds are good, I luv birds =) I'm also thinking for a long time to make a series of drawings too. You inspired me, beautiful. Also I loved the painting called leukemia sux and revisiting brazil. I guess they are a bit old but who cares when great things happen =) cheers from Istanbul*

Scott Allen said...

Cool, thanks Bluretina, maybe we can send art to each other one day. I'll stop by every once in awhile to see how your doing. Bye!